Sunday, January 18, 2009

Standing up!

I took baby boy over to my friends Heidi & Taylor's house earlier today for a visit. David was playing on the floor next to me, and proceeded to stand up all on his own- and managed to stay up for a few seconds! He's let go while already standing for a second or two before, but never managed to get himself up without holding onto something else first.
He now has 6 teeth, too. His upper right lateral incisor started coming in December 26th and the upper left lateral incisor made its appearance on January 4th.
Growing boy!
On that subject, I got the mother-of-the-year award last week when David's nursery school had to ask me to bring in more food for him. I thought I was bringing in enough, but apparently not! I was bringing the same amount I always packed for him when he was in the baby room, but he's graduated to the young toddler room now and I guess all the extra activity (it's a bigger room & they go play outside now) has made him hungrier (or he's in the middle of a growth spurt). I felt absolutely horrible.
*sigh*

1 comment:

PrayerLifeco said...

Oooh! Is it a new year for mom-of-the-year? I am going to have to work hard to beat my winning 2008 achievement of keeping two children at the beach for a week with bronchitis, only finding out about their illness when I took L to the doctor two days after she fell off her bike. Her thumb was a little sore...and broken! Competition is stiff for this prize. You better bring your A-game!