Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Last month when Boilin' Oil played at Satchel's, Chris brought Magnolia up on the stage to sing her 'Baby Rides a Car' song. Unfortunately, I had gone into the main part of the restaurant to buy the kids some cake, so I missed the whole thing. Drat! However, a (small) part of it was caught on video and uploaded to youtube, tacked onto the end of another song. So here is a tiny snippet of Magnolia's fabulous debut. Chris said she brought the house down...

Boilin' Oil will be playing again at Satchel's this Friday, 2/12 (so come on out for great bluegrass music, pizza and salad!). Every town should have a place like Satchel's. Gainesville is really blessed. Hopefully if Magnolia is asked to sing again (hint, hint to Chris & Max), I'll be with it enough to capture the whole performance myself...

It's an awfully cute song and I'm absolutely amazed that it doesn't faze my 5 year old in the least to get up in front of bunches of folks and sing her little heart out. Perhaps having her pop right up there with her (and having watched him do it himself her entire little life), makes it seem like no big deal.

No comments: