Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey Cake Pops




David is being baptized tomorrow and we are having a lunch afterwards at home. I decided to make it easy on myself and have the lunch catered. I then ran across these cute-as-buttons desserts on a website http://bakerella.blogspot.com/


I was inspired! And I figured since I wasn't making lunch...


It took trips to 4 or 5 different stores to get all the decorative ingredients (note to self- if doing this in the future and have more time, order on the internet and have it shipped!). Mama came over this afternoon to help put them together. First we hit the Holy Trinity Episcopal Holiday Bazaar (fabulous). Then back home to make Turkey Pops. Ours were not nearly the professional masterpieces on the website, but are very much homemade- and sorta cute. Chris, my ever-loyal hubby, is convinced they air-brushed the ones on the website. Hopefully the neices and nephews will scarf them up tomorrow, imperfections and all.

No comments: