Monday, September 8, 2008

Conversations with Nolia

This afternoon we went over to the Steins for a pool playdate and stayed for a pizza supper. We brought a few hand-me-downs for Lucy, including a skirt. She wanted to wear it right away and when Magnolia saw her in it, she instructed "Twirl, Lucy, twirl. Ooooh, lovely!". Very cute.
Heidi was watching David for a bit, and sat him on their wooden floor so she could help Nolia get dressed. Nolia, ever the vigilant big sister, nicely asked Heidi to "put something under him so he won't fall over and hit his head".
And tonight as I was tucking her into bed, she started to suck her thumb. I asked her not to do that (yes, we're still fighting this particular battle) and she told me "but it tastes good". "What does it taste like?", I asked her. "Like strawberries with jam on top," she answered.
She's also very concerned about the order of the upcoming holidays. "Halloween, then Christmas. But first is my birthday!".

No comments: